WOA Deployer (AKA WoA Installer 2.0) has been released!

I’m proud to announce the first public release of WOA Deployer for Raspberry Pi. I’ve been working hard to bring it to you, dear community. I hope you like it as much as I do.

The main features are:

• No More Core Packages® This means that you will not have to worry about them. Everything is downloaded fresh. You’ll get all the goodness automatically.
  • New compressed deployment option. It allows your Windows installation to be compressed and save space on your SD Card.
  • All disks are now shown in the Drive Selection. You can use an SSD if you wish

NOTICE: As you may already have guessed, WoA Installer has been replaced by WOA Deployer, so it’s now deprecated. I recommend you to use WOA Deployer for all your deployments :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Great! Only improvement I can think of is to have a link in it to https://uupdump.ml/ in it, and a list of verified working builds.

Also… Doesn’t compression slow down performance?

I will write down your suggestion :wink:

The compressed deployment will slow down the deployment, but once inside WOA you may not notice a difference. The compressed files are mostly the ones in the WinSxS folder.

Hey SuperJMN, what’s the difference between WOA and WOR? I’ve only used WOR as it’s what I’m used to, any reason to switch?

1 Like

Thanks for asking!

The main difference is that WOA Deployer is absolutely automatic. It will download the latest drivers and UEFI from their sources.

It really saves time and I think it’s better for non-experts.

BUT, for experts, since it’s script based, you change the default script, you can configure it to behave like you want. Just check the “Scripts” folder and you’ll know what I mean :blush:

In the near future I’ll provide a way to execute any arbitrary script under the Advanced tab.

Oh interesting
I’ll check it out next I go to install Windows!
Where does it download the latest drivers from?
Same with the UEFI, as there’s no releases on the GitHub page

1 Like

The current sources are:

UEFI: Andrei’s RaspberryPiPkg (binaries/prebuilt)
BSP Drivers: driver1998’s BSP drivers repo
USB: MCCI drivers (patched for USB boot)
Ethernet: From the official site (Microchip)

If you download the application, check the Script folder and you will see a deployment.txt, that is, in fact, the script that is execute upon deployment :slight_smile:

I actually noticed that last night after I got home from work!
I purchased a new SD card so I’ll use your tool for my deployment tonight, thanks!

1 Like