User Guide for new USB Drivers and Ethernet

try testing the latest version of Windows 10 (build 18xxx) and for the latest version of the core package (1.3). please update UEFI. UEFI on current core package is old

I will try that. I wrote this not realizing Core Package 1.3 was released only 2 hours ago. Just taking a peek at the downloaded files, it doesn’t appear that the new 1.3 package has the Ethernet driver I have working above. I don’t know if the UEFI is updated on it, otherwise it would certainly fail to boot…

ive unzipped the 78xx driver but there’s no 150 folder could you elaborate more

Oops, my bad. nds650 is what I meant.

Thanks! ill try that out.

Okay, just looking around… this method also does this strange thing. If it is this method…

WEIRD.

I’m testing the Core Package 1.3 right now, and it seems to be working.

I thought Core Package 1.3 doesn’t have the Ethernet driver?

Yep. I just added it in using your instructions, but I’m not sure if this is a mistake in your guide or a difference in Core Package 1.3: The Drivers folder contains a folder called “Pre-OOBE” and that’s where all the drivers go, including any ones that you need to add in the guide.

Corrected. What build of Windows are you on?

I’m using 17134 Insider (Windows 10 Pro)

Is everything working?

I shouldn’t have put it this way, sorry, I’m still on the WoA installer. It’s stuck at 98 percent, so I think we can say that 1.3 doesn’t work so far, unless it starts going again.

Don’t Stop It! The last 2% is very slow. That is normal.

windows 10 build 17134, 17763 and 18334

I thought 17763 didn’t work with the MCCI Corp. Drivers?

for now

I use the driver from the WORproject
https://www.worproject.ml/downloads

but the driver has been modified. I just change the old USB driver (Dwusb) with a new USB driver (MCCI)

Does anyone know how to disable overscan, i have a black border around my screen

It is probably a config.txt change in the UEFI part of the Core Package.

Try adding the following to config.txt in the UEFI folder:
disable_overscan=1

1 Like

where would this folder be located exactly