How-to: installing windows 10 arm64 (17134) on your raspberry pi 3 and 4

this is still needed as usb driver will only load if you limit your rPi 4 to 1GB of RAM.

So, after many many hours, I was finally able to run Win10 on raspi4.
What Iā€™ve done:
Flash install.wim to sdcard using woa.
remove drivers lan7800, lan9500, SerPL011 and bcmauxspi as described in OP.
inject drivers from from drv_rpi4.zip except lan7800, lan9500, SerPL011 using dism++.
truncate memory of boot-part to 1gb.
Now You are able to boot and pass OOBE on raspi4 IF (and only IF) you have an OTG USB-C attached.
After installation: removing truncate-memory will give you full 4gb but no usb port at allā€¦ so not usable

1 Like

@Marcinoo97 Do you know any way to use full 4gb of RAM without loosing the usb-driver? I need at least one Port, even USB-C or Usb2/3 to work probably.
Or is this still a bug in the current windows drivers?

And yes Iā€™ve red your post above. But Iā€™m asking anyway: so the Status Quo is:
ā€œIf you want to have any USB Port, then you have to live with 1GB RAMā€
Is that correct?

UPDATE:
You only need to:

• flash install.wim to sd card using woa (mbr)
  • extract firmware 1.4 or 1.5 to boot partition
  • truncate memory of boot partition to 1 GB
1 Like

Can you make a slightly more detailed guide for the inatallation, please??

I will but later and not on this forum.

1 Like

Marcinoo97 You can make a favor tutorial of how you do the installation of W10 arm 64 on pi 4 b

1 Like

Good Day Gents , so from the advice on this thread , i was able to get the Pi4 2gb on sd card to boot and left running overnight with no bluescreens and using a few internal apps.
The OTG is still the only USB port available , i do however have a question if anyone has managed to get the Lan port to function? if not no biggy willing to be a tester for this XD

Thanks to all for the massive amount of hard work and testing.

No. LAN port wonā€™t work due to lack of drivers. I often use ā€˜USB tetheringā€™ on android. You can buy USB to ethernet adapter but not all of them will work as Windows has drivers only for some adapters. I donā€™t know which adapters will be the best to buy.

Okay, Iā€™m really struggling here. I am not well acquainted with the process here but I would like to try to install windows 10 on my Raspberry Pi 4B. I am well aware that it is still in the development stage but I would like to try, and everyone else seems to be able to do it. I have tried a large number of things but to no avail. Can someone please give me the exact files and process on WoR to get it to at least boot. I just wish to get past the black screen that Iā€™m always stuck on.

Well what worked for me was : -

1. Download v1.5 of UEFI https ://github.com/pftf/RPi4/releases/tag/v1.5 and extract
  2. Download v1.5.2 WoR https ://www.worproject.ml/downloads
  3. Download image for Windows 10, I used 19577 from https: //uupdump.ml/
  4. Download the drivers courtesy of Marcinoo97 https:
    //mega.nz/#!AEw0EYrB!dtz0BrGrcMd59Q32EBWUy9W_3o6zr8fFuQXAaK9BUWs

Then as Marcinoo97 detailed

Run the WoR against your storage device
Use the Drivers as a Zip
Use the extracted UEFI

Open to Command Shells as Admin
Command Shell #1
Diskpart
List Disk - Find your storage device
Sel Disk n (n is your storage
Sel partition 1
assign letter T

Command Shell #2
bcdedit /store T:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bcd /set {default} recoveryenabled no
bcdedit /store T:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bcd /set {default} truncatememory 0x40000000

Command Shell #1
remove letter=T

Connect your PI up, you will need a USB-C in with a USB-C out and a normal USB out to be able to connect a keyboard/mouse or a USB hub. I have a USB Ethernet adapter in my hub

Switch it on and you should get a Raspberry splash screen. Press ESC on that and go into the Device Config, set the speed to Max. That was pretty much all I changed.

Save and restart, then wait ā€¦ and wait ā€¦ and wait ā€¦ press the enter key, might help.
Eventually you get the Windows setup screen. If you have everything plugged in and its working you should be able to complete the setup. If you havenā€™t then you might need to fiddle with the cable combinations.

Still stuck at 1Gb but its up and running and on the network. My SD card is maxed out, the performance is terrible but at least I can have a fiddle now and see if I can get any further

Thanks to Marcinoo97 and everyone else who has contributed

Sorry I am a new user and canā€™t put URLs in it seems, so take out the spaces after https

1 Like

Hi Mscooke69 , Congratulations , Can you help me ? I Will Try to do the same and is very important for me . please send your number phone or gmail? I would appreciate.

Congratulations Marcinoo97 and thanks for share this post , I Will try to do this, I Hope thatā€™s works for me .
Greetings from Colombia.

@mscooke69 Thanks for your response. I followed your instructions but it still doesnā€™t work, I used the same files as the ones you listed and followed all the instructions, I canā€™t think of anything else that I could do. Both the Raspberry Pi 4 and the SD card work fine. But I cannot get it to boot off of the SD card. Perhaps my settings are incorrect. I use MBR instead of GPT, right? Iā€™ll try GPT now anyway. Other than this I canā€™t think of any other reason for it not to work. Do I need to change some settings on the Pi first using a working OS?
Anyway, thanks again for your response. I hope Iā€™m not bothering anyone too much.

Edit: GPT came up with an Error message every time, I tried every setting. It seems MBR is the way to go, unfortunately I canā€™t get it to work even then.

Yes I used MBR
Things to check:-

1. Most obviously does it boot, do you see the Raspberry UEFI image?
  2. IF you can get into the UEFI can you see your boot device and select it?
    3 If its sitting on the Raspberry image, press a key. It stuck here for quite some time, be patient

Iā€™m happy that there are people who can answer the questions when Iā€™m busy.

1 Like

No, it does not boot. There is just a black screen.

Ok, try the basics first.

Simplify you connections, take any hubs or splitters out of the equation, you can use the native ports on the pi to get to the UEFI.

If itā€™s still not giving you the Raspberry then it must be in the creation of the boot image.

Were you able to see both partitions on the card when it was connected to your other device. So when assigned T you should see the UEFI boot partition, you should also see the Win10 partition too. If you are seeing both then something didnā€™t work before that stage. If you are seeing both, you could try copying the UEFI files manually to the T partition, there are more files in this than are generated by the WoR

The WoR doenĀ“t work.

The Installation is failed.

What can i do.

i followed mscooke69 instructions

pls help

At what point did it fail, you say itā€™s the WoR, did it not write to the card?