How-to: installing windows 10 arm64 (17134) on your raspberry pi 3 and 4

It failed to copy it on sd card

Iā€™ve had no issues with the WoR copying to the card. I assume the card is good if you put Linux on it?

Yes Linux or raspbian already run

Are you running the WoR as Administrator?

I Think Not. I Test it tomorrow again with administrator

I ran all of the actions under Admin, my apologies if I missed that off

No Problem. I test it tomorrow again

Same here no any video output when at booting only red flash.
Now im trying to download the same as above, the newest one doesnā€™t work.

ā€“Editā€“
I see the WoR give some error in the logs:

2020-03-23 22:45:39.7888 [info] Verifying the boot packageā€¦
2020-03-23 22:45:40.2313 [warn] The server returned an error while checking the MD5 hash of the remote boot package.

Sees like the boot package is corrupted i will try it another day with a other browser.

When I followed mscooke69ā€™s instructions, I had to manually recopy over the v1.5 firmware into the boot directory. When I checked the config.txt after flashing with WoR, it didnā€™t match the config.txt from the firmware zip file.

1 Like

That explains a lot why its not booting, i will try it again thanks for sollution!

Thanks, Windows is now starting :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Yes I think I mentioned that in a later post

I have expanded what worked for me, including some of the actions in later posts. Hopefully this will give some guidance to anyone else looking to try.

Connectivity wise I have a USB-C in/out hub, with a normal USB hub connected to that. The second USB hub has my USB wireless keyboard/mouse dongle and a USB ethernet port. The current capability does not enable the on-board USB ports, ethernet LAN

1. Download v1.5 of UEFI https://github.com/pftf/RPi4/releases/tag/v1.5 and extract
  2. Download v1.5.2 WoR https://www.worproject.ml/downloads
  3. Download image for Windows 10, I used 19577 from https://uupdump.ml/
  4. Download the drivers courtesy of Marcinoo97 https://mega.nz/#!AEw0EYrB!dtz0BrGrcMd59Q32EBWUy9W_3o6zr8fFuQXAaK9BUWs

Then as Marcinoo97 detailed

1. Run the WoR against your storage device
    Use the ARM image from Step #3
    Use the Drivers as a Zip from Step #4
    Use the extracted UEFI from Step #1

The config.txt for me worked the first time, but then I couldnā€™t seem to get it to work, so I merged the two files from the WoR and UEFI.
    On the screen where you have the boot options, merge the existing with those in the config.txt in the UEFI

my BootConfig is :-
    arm_control=0x200
    enable_uart=1
    armstub=RPI_EFI.fd
    disable_commandline_tags=1
    disable_splash=1
    arm_64bit=1
    enable_gic=1
    disable_commandline_tags=1
    device_tree_address=0x1f0000
    device_tree_end=0x200000
    device_tree=bcm2711-rpi-4-b.dtb
    dtoverlay=miniuart-bt

2. Open to Command Shells as Admin
    Command Shell #1
    Diskpart
    List Disk - Find your storage device
    Sel Disk n (n is your storage
    Sel partition 1
    assign letter T

Command Shell #2
    bcdedit /store T:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bcd /set {default} recoveryenabled no
    bcdedit /store T:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bcd /set {default} truncatememory 0x40000000

Explorer
    Copy the contents of the extracted UEFI except for the config.txt to the T Drive

Command Shell #1
    remove letter=T

You can now take the SD Card out and insert into your PI

Connect your PI up, you will need a USB-C in with a USB-C out and a normal USB out to be able to connect a keyboard/mouse or a USB hub. I have a USB Ethernet adapter in my hub

Switch it on and you should get a Raspberry splash screen.
Press ESC on that and go into the Device Config, set the speed to Max.
Save
Goto Boot Manager and select the Boot Device

Save and restart, then wait ā€¦ and wait ā€¦ and wait ā€¦ press the enter key, might help.
Eventually you get the Windows setup screen. If you have everything plugged in and its working you should be able to complete the setup. If you havenā€™t then you might need to fiddle with the cable combinations.

Still stuck at 1Gb but its up and running and on the network. My SD card is maxed out, the performance is terrible but at least I can have a fiddle now and see if I can get any further

Thanks to Marcinoo97 and everyone else who has contributed

Hopefully that will help to give you a bootable Windows 10 on your PI4 and I havenā€™t missed too much out this time.

2 Likes

Thx this works for me the 1GB is terrible but itā€™s starting up!

Its not a desktop or a decent laptop, but then its not a fully enabled solution yet. If the memory can be opened up as well as the on-board USB ports then it could have its uses, but until then its not much more than a thing to try and fix. Adding an SSD helps with the performance, but its still a limited solution.

How can I boot from SD card? And can I use my RPI4 touchscreen monitor with it?

Try the steps above from mscooke69 for installing W10 on a Rapsberry Pi4.
I donā€™t have tested a touch screen i think its not working but you can try it.
The performance is also a issue with a USB-C dock and mouse there is some very very slow input.
The reason for this problem is the 1GB RAM and SD card performance.

I have heard from UEFI developer that any video output will work as long as it can display rainbow splashscreen but it might require some changes to config.txt, Your touch input has small chance of working in Windows as Windows lacks drivers for it. Try and report back!

New UEFI (v1.7) has 1.5GHz cpu speed as default so people will no longer complain that their rPi is stuck at 600Mhz.

and that is no longer needed with newest UEFI (v1.7)

mscooke69

could you elaborate guide on how to install ā€¦ on the diskpart partā€¦ i dont understand

currently i am trying to deploy windows 10 arm64 for my final year project.