How-to: installing windows 10 arm64 (17134) on your raspberry pi 3 and 4

I have same error as sruafly425, but i have very diffierent setup: on microsd card i have 2 partitions for UEFI Firmware and Windows and i installed the newest build of Windows 10: 19564.I tried to do something in uefi, but it didn`t work.
EDIT: I installed another drivers that deleted the INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error, but these drivers make an another error: DIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG. But Windows still cant boot and start OOBE.

1 Like

I would need so much more information from you. like what driver did you install to fix INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE? What did you use to install windows to microsd card? BTW I specified 17134 in this guide because it is the only known working build and I no idea if it will ever work with any other builds.

1 Like

I used wor project to install windows on microsd card and uefi. I just selected the correct uefi file in wor and i added boot files from rpi 4 uefi archive to the uefi partition that wor created. And drivers i used are drivers wich wor gets from sever, but i discovered that drivers wor gets from server are imposible to download, just check it here: https://www.worproject.ml/dldserv .Weird thing is, if there are no drivers for booting from sd card there is no INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error. So the DIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG error is showing because there are no drivers. But i think newest windows 10 build should work because in wor when you are at selecting wim page it says that builds above 1803 are known to work. Is there drivers archive compatible with sd booting that i can download and select in wor?

WoR is created with rPi3 in mind so ā€˜builds above 1803 are known to workā€™ is only applicable to rPi3. I know that 17134 works because I have tested it so it is confirmed to work with rPi4.

Newest uefi (v1.4) allows you to use 4GB of RAM but still no usb.

idk what to do now. This guide is outdated and a lot of steps listed are not needed anymore. Should I write newer guide?

Yeah i think writing a newer guide would be beneficial

And it should be how to do it with only microsd card. I think biggest problem are drivers, because is hard to find them.

here are the drivers https://d.5v.pl/drv_rpi4.zip or https://mega.nz/#!AEw0EYrB!dtz0BrGrcMd59Q32EBWUy9W_3o6zr8fFuQXAaK9BUWs and it can be done on only microsd card (select mbr not gpt in WoR).

1 Like

it didn`t work, it shows error 403

I also uploaded file to mega.nz now. It might require clean deployment of windows.

thanks windows is now booting without crash! but i think it will take long time and i must watch it does crash or noā€¦ Now it says preparing so its a good sign.
EDIT:Windows started OOBE, but mouse and keyboard don`t work.What i need to do?

Do I still need the usb otg thing?

OTG USB type-c is still the only usb port that works.

First of all, I really appreciate you efforts on this.

So if Iā€™m not misunderstanding this, flashing the vim (17134) to the sd-card with WoR using your drivers package and the uefi 1.4 should do the work and making the win10 bootable from the sd-card on rapi4?
Iā€™ve tried it twice (once with mbr and once with gpt selected) but still no success.
Am I missing something?

you must select mbr, and when it fully deploy you must add files from rpi4 uefi archive to BOOT labeled partition/disk. it should run, but mouse and keyboard may don`t work in oobe, because this also happened to me.
and member to set cpu clock to max in uefi in device manager> raspberry pi configuration>cpu configuration.

Did anyone successfully passed OOBE on RPI4 with the new 1.4 UEFI or 1.5 UEFI?
I am using a hub to provide power to RPI4 via USB-C and also have a keyboard attached to the hub. And I installed win10 on sdcard, as well as the uefi.It does boot, but I canā€™t get mouse or keyboard to work in OOBE.
If anyone passed OOBE could you please share the image of your sdcard with us? thx

Can I use raspberry pi 4 touchscreen monitor with your driviers?

But still not! I am realy waiting when it will be possible.

Hereā€™s how far I got:
I use a OTG cable to convert usb-c into usb-a port.
I made myself a cable that splits into a male and a female connector at the same end, with data lines connected to the female connector, but not the male one.
I plug the male end into a wall adaptor to power the system and plugged a usb keyboard into the female connector.

I tried 17134 and 19536, with driver drv_rpi4.zip, the keyboard did work in UEFI, but not in OOBE.
And I also noticed that the port doesnā€™t work in raspbian either, no matter what I plug in. (mouse/keyboard/usbdrive)

OTG USB type-c is still the only usb port that works.

It seems like itā€™s not working for me.