Youtube works! (with driver)

Wow.It’s Work!
Thank you so much! :smiley:

I know, this driver is stalled now, but after I installed it (downloaded latest 1.0.23 release, installed .inf and executed .bat file), there’s still no GPU tab in Task Manager. Shall I try to run older versions of this driver?

The GPU driver is unfinished. It supposedly increases the rendering performance in some specific cases, but I couldn’t see any improvement at all.

Hm. Somtimes it doesn’t work for mee too. It’s completely random. But on my current install, it’s able to make Windows animations smooth.
(I enabled dtoverlay for vc4, maybe it’s useless, but still)

Also,I’m getting a little bit of sucess with this driver! When I’m running Windows it starts to load up the VideoCore IV! If i will open Task Manager and then right-click parameter bar, tick GPU in the menu and sort apps by GPU load, it will show, that window manager IS actually accelerated by GPU! However, Task Manager still refises to show overall GPU load.

The “GPU driver” is just a render-only sample. If I recall correctly it has to be a full display driver built on WDDM >= 2.0 to show up in Task Manager.

Software rendering is explicitly enforced when installing this driver, because otherwise Windows will fail to load. So the “smooth animations” that you’re seeing are still rendered on the CPU, not on the VC4.

(I enabled dtoverlay for vc4, maybe it’s useless, but still)

DT overlays are ignored by the firmware. Windows uses ACPI instead.

Is tis a placebo effect?

Also, what’s the point when anything is forced to render in software?

But I can say definitely: you CAN’t run Morrowind with this driver. Window is just transparent.