Who's stopping by?

Originally published at: https://pi64.win/2019/02/17/whos-stopping-by/

WordPress gives some statistics (like google analytics but faster and less creepy) about who’s visiting the site from where. Here’s a map of the last 24 hours or so: Traffic on 2019-02-17 It’s really interesting to me that France is ahead of the US for visits today, and that Japan is number three. In the…

This is amazing! I’m trying to figure out why France is first, but I’m intrigued. After seeing this, I’ll be updating my plans for a video. I may do it in a series of steps from the basics to installing it with full video drivers on an SSD. I’m actually uploading a few things in the test results thread right now. I want everyone to be able to do this easily and I have plenty of time to work on it now. I’ll try to get a video (or series) up in the next few days. I’m shooting for tonight, but I don’t know if it will happen because I’m exhausted from skiing all day. I’ll keep updates coming. Thank you for this though. It’s incredible how many people are catching on all over the world.

1 Like

A clean getting started video would be very helpful I think. In my searches, I see that people are starting with the “advanced” installer (WoR), whereas I think it would be better to start with @SuperJMN’s WoA installer. And a clear step-by-step on the settings to change for best performance will also help people.

Then once people go through the simple case, they’ll have a baseline for comparison when they switch to the advanced case.