MCCI USB driver status 2019-02-11

The night is young. We’re all volunteers with day jobs, no surprise if things slip into the evening.

Two things to remember here. Terry often posts late. You never know when this may be working out - that’s part of the excitement! It is a generous charity project on his end as well as anyone else who is involved in testing and development so we have to be patient and believe me, it’s killing me because I’m dying to try these drivers out.

The other thing to remember is that you can always manually remove the old drivers once the new ones are installed. That’s very easy to do. Normally you would want to hold onto them, especially for experimenting, but in this case - I’d say dump them off. They’ll be completely worthless for anything except testing which is technically being done by Andrei anyway. If you’re in it for stability, you can either leave them idle or get rid of them altogether safely without any concern.

And where are they even stored?

In a few folders in system32, but you can delete drivers via the command prompt easily.

How? Like what commands/ folders.

@tmm Could you please leave me an email at notpp46@gmail.com?

I think you’re misunderstanding. The released exe will just be a self-extracting archive that extracts the driver files. You’ll then select the extracted files in the WoA imager tool and it’ll set up the SD card with the drivers pre-installed for you. You won’t need to manually install any drivers with any commands.

@man, that’s exactly right. I’m thinking you’ll run the exe on your Windows desktop machine to put the drivers someplace convenient. Then use them to build an image. Once everything is put together, we can post a step-by-step to make this clear.

Latest update: Andrei confirmed last night that drivers work for him. (Thanks!!!) I’ve alerted team here, but because it’s the weekend I don’t expect final drivers until Monday. I will finish up the installer in the meanwhile, and perhaps @SuperJMN and I can prep a page for the drivers on the pi64.win website. I’ve updated the main post to reflect this status.

4 Likes

Great news! Thanks Terry!

Congratulations, excellent job, keep it up, anything you need just let me know, thank you.

Suppose I had a USB WiFi card that was compatible with Windows 10 ARM64, would it work with your drivers on the Raspberry Pi

It ought to. We’ll find out, eh?

I think we might just be lucky enough to find out today my friend!

Today is the day or not?

Release drivers are built. Getting them signed. Then Chris will send to me, I’ll make the .exe, and we’lll post them. @SuperJMN, is there a good place on pi64.win or shall I just figure something out?

1 Like

Such a great news, Terry!

Regarding the delivery of the drivers, I think that on-site storage can be OK at least for now.

Awesome news!
Will give them a try.

This is just one more plus to the awesome day I’m having. I’ve been so excited for these I can barely contain myself!

@tmm Today or tommorow? How much will all of this take?