How-to video (17763 on SD & SSD)

I feel kind of bad after seeing all of the interest (including Terry’s post back to me last night) about WoA. I would be happy to conduct a video using it, but in this one I decided to use WoR simply because it was what I used to get everything running on an SSD. This video is far from perfect. I have several stumbles because I was exhausted while making it, but I really wanted everyone to have access to it immediately. It’s in painstaking detail so you wont miss anything. Feel free to leave a like, share, comment and/or subscribe as I will be posting more RPi videos in the near future as we continue to experiment. Please see the link below:

2 Likes

on SSD it runs much faster than on uSD card, but swap files doesn’t work for me and therefore the RAM is always full.

Did you get the swap files to work?

I have not. It seems as though some people have been able to fix the RAM issue. Perhaps someone can elaborate.

From what I understand people set the page file to be on the SD card as windows was that as non-removeable and therefore allowed it

If you check the tweet today from @mongonta555, he says that swapping to an eMMC card works pretty well. He includes a video.

I’m running an mSATA and I set the page file manually. It fixed all of my issues with overclocking the RAM and CPU. No more crashes. God I love that these videos and articles are being produced in so many different languages. It just goes to show the audience that has reached out to this topic!

Thanks, with an additional uSD card the swap files now also work.

You can even use it now while updating Windows. :smiley:

1 Like

Once you have windows on usb you must pull your sd card out.Shut down then stick the blank fat32 format or ntfs sd card in.Now reboot twice.I mean startup then shut down.After that the card will have the swap file written to the sdcard.Then you can use it for page filing as well,but I would recommend creating a few extra partitions for the sd card before doing so,do this after getting the swap files on it first