How-to: installing windows 10 arm64 (17134) on your raspberry pi 3 and 4

I have a hub is connected to the USB-C , but the keyboard and mouse connected to the hub will not work.The hub is work very well on the laptop even Cell phone.

Hello zanix, I have also an interest for your image, could you send me to email?

@zanfix Sorry to pester. If Win10 on RPi4 has no LAN drivers/network settings, how did you connect via IP address? On my version I have no drivers, no network adapters. What version of Win10 are you on?

@smairt
Iā€™m on 19592, but i suppose it wont matterā€¦ can not say
For what i am understanding drivers are missing for the onboard LAN. Other methods will workā€¦
I attached the keyboard, mouse and usb LAN right from the first boot, but i suppose that should not make any difference either. IP address comes from DHCP

Here is a google drive link:

The password for the user is the same as the user
I have overclocked cpu and gpu in config.txt so remove that if not fit for you.
I disabled some services attempting to speedup thingsā€¦

If relevant this image comes from a 32GB Sandisk Ultra MicroSD HC I

1 Like

Thank you for your backup image

What about RAM? 1gb?

There were no updates regarding RAM. So we still need to limit RAM to 1GB if you need USB type c port to work.

Hi

just downloaded the image, thank you.

The password didnā€™t work for me

I realised the problem. In this Windows My keyboard has z and y mixed up.

The user is zanfix
For the password with my keyboard I type yanfix and now it works.

I have never had this before

Hello zanfix, could you write me what kind of USB-C OTG cable or USB-C hub do I need?

It will be amazing to create a list of known to work USB-C OTG cables or USB-C hubs. So everyone who knows working usb-c hubs please share. I will start. I used someting similar to this https://www.amazon.co.uk/CentBest-Splitter-Enhancer-Charging-Converter/dp/B072Z9QHYR but I also used microusb to type-c adapter to make it work with rpi4.

Hi,

I can tell you whats working for me:

• from rpi4 i have a usb-c male to usb A female cable, the type of cable you would use to connect your smartphone to a usb drive (aka OTG cableā€¦)
  • from there I have connected a powered usb 3 hub
  • in the hub i have connected the keyboard, mouse and usb ethernet

Power for the rpi4 in this setup can not come from the usb-c connector itself, so it must come from the GPIO header.
Iā€™m lucky having a case that does not provide power from the usb-c connector but feeds power through the header.

I actually think that the only problem that one can find is not having the right cable from the rpi to the usb hubā€¦ usb hubs and HID devices them selves should not bring troublesā€¦

you could use a usb-c hub with power passthrough but be sure that enough Amps are allowed out from the hub itself to the device connected to it (the rpi)
I have one that will only provide 1.5amps at 5V to my tablet, negotiated, its a power delivery enabled hub, so i did not try itā€¦

Iā€™m using:

• HAMA 135712 OTG cable
  • HAMA (000)54544 usb 3 hub

This is my OTG cable. Itā€™s one of only a few items that Amazon is still shipping quickly for Prime so it comes in a day or two.

This is what Iā€™m using in combination with a micro USB to USB Type C converter

Micro USB OTG 4 Port Hub

My working adapter looks like this one.

I purchased it from eBay years ago.

Itā€™s working with the original instructions Marcin created and the new image zanfix uploaded.

@zanfix Thank you. However still unable to gain control of RPi4 from MS Remote Desktop (RDP). Able to receive ping from RPi4 Win10 so when I type in IP (from RPi ipconfig), it will not connect. How do you configure the Remote Desktop App to send/receive via DHCP and not Computer Name/IP?

Thanks!

Dear Smart and Zanfix,
It 's working well for me now Thank you all of your to help each other anyway. The power consumption I will fix something soon. :wink:

Using your image @zanfix, I cannot gain Remote Desktop control using your computer name, or any options for DHCP.

There are no network drivers present on your Device Manager. I have OTG setup with Ethernet over USB but itā€™s not connecting or pinging. Nothing from ipconfig on RPi Win10 How are you managing network control??

TIA!

I got the same problem.
Connect through Ethernet RJ45 but cannot connect to RPI4.

I try to plug wired mouse, but it also does not work.