How-to: installing windows 10 arm64 (17134) on your raspberry pi 3 and 4

New Uefi version 1.1 for rpi4 fixed sdcard for me so I finally can have pagefile created.

Nice, Do we know when we will have 4gb support in order for us to ditch that weird powercable?

People who develop UEFI said that they will talk to Microsoft (in about month or 2) to find out why other USB ports are not working. If they manage to fix usb. We will still be limited to 1GB because of drivers for other and if we remove those drivers (idk if we can because they might be too crtitical for operation) then we will be limited to 3GB of RAM. but i can’t tell you what future will look like so anything can happen really.

or if you can live without any USB ports then you can ‘use’ 3GB of RAM even today.

I’ve tried this, by powering the RPi4 through the 5v pin I could use a USB-C hub at full speed. With a proper storage device that can deliver fast I/O it feels way faster.

Here is my setup

Thank you for backing up your usb image. I’m really appreciated by your effort. But unfortunately, when I boot windows, it says INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE with error code 0x000001(?). How can I solve this?

I have same error as sruafly425, but i have very diffierent setup: on microsd card i have 2 partitions for UEFI Firmware and Windows and i installed the newest build of Windows 10: 19564.I tried to do something in uefi, but it didn`t work.
EDIT: I installed another drivers that deleted the INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error, but these drivers make an another error: DIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG. But Windows still cant boot and start OOBE.

1 Like

I would need so much more information from you. like what driver did you install to fix INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE? What did you use to install windows to microsd card? BTW I specified 17134 in this guide because it is the only known working build and I no idea if it will ever work with any other builds.

1 Like

I used wor project to install windows on microsd card and uefi. I just selected the correct uefi file in wor and i added boot files from rpi 4 uefi archive to the uefi partition that wor created. And drivers i used are drivers wich wor gets from sever, but i discovered that drivers wor gets from server are imposible to download, just check it here: https://www.worproject.ml/dldserv .Weird thing is, if there are no drivers for booting from sd card there is no INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error. So the DIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG error is showing because there are no drivers. But i think newest windows 10 build should work because in wor when you are at selecting wim page it says that builds above 1803 are known to work. Is there drivers archive compatible with sd booting that i can download and select in wor?

WoR is created with rPi3 in mind so ‘builds above 1803 are known to work’ is only applicable to rPi3. I know that 17134 works because I have tested it so it is confirmed to work with rPi4.

Newest uefi (v1.4) allows you to use 4GB of RAM but still no usb.

idk what to do now. This guide is outdated and a lot of steps listed are not needed anymore. Should I write newer guide?

Yeah i think writing a newer guide would be beneficial

And it should be how to do it with only microsd card. I think biggest problem are drivers, because is hard to find them.

here are the drivers https://d.5v.pl/drv_rpi4.zip or https://mega.nz/#!AEw0EYrB!dtz0BrGrcMd59Q32EBWUy9W_3o6zr8fFuQXAaK9BUWs and it can be done on only microsd card (select mbr not gpt in WoR).

1 Like

it didn`t work, it shows error 403

I also uploaded file to mega.nz now. It might require clean deployment of windows.

thanks windows is now booting without crash! but i think it will take long time and i must watch it does crash or no… Now it says preparing so its a good sign.
EDIT:Windows started OOBE, but mouse and keyboard don`t work.What i need to do?

Do I still need the usb otg thing?

OTG USB type-c is still the only usb port that works.