This works for me in the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
- Use the latest WOA Deployer
If you already have it, remove the Downloaded folder inside the application folder. This will force the application to redownload all the binaries.
- Deploy WOA to your SSD
- Get a fresh SD Card formatted as FAT32 and copy the latest UEFI files. It will be inside the WOA Deployer “Downloaded\UEFI\RELEASE”. The root of the card should look like this:
- In the card, edit config.txt and put this
- Extract the card an put it into your Pi
- Boot with ONLY the card until you see the UEFI Shell.
- Once it’s booted, turn the Pi off (unplug it)
- Plug you SSD to the Pi.
- Boot again, press [Escape] and choose to manually boot from you SSD.
- After around 5-6 seconds, it should boot off USB.
If this doesn’t work, copy the config.txt of the SD Card to the BOOT partition in your SSD. You can do it using an admin cmd prompt. Go to the WOA Boot drive (called EFIESP) and open it in notepad type “notepad config.txt”. Notepad will open and will let you modify the config. Use the same configuration as the one above.